Cal Poly

International Scholars

The Cal Poly International Students and Scholars staff are here to assist visiting faculty and scholars with obtaining the appropriate documents to apply for J-1 exchange visitor visas and offer assistance with maintaining visa status and adjusting to life at Cal Poly and in the United States.

For a listing of all visa types and their employment eligibility in the USA see this Chart of Non-Immigrant Categories. The Office of Academic Personnel can assist departments with hiring faculty requiring other types of visas.

The Cal Poly International Center can assist in determining the best visa type for international visitors to Cal Poly. To do this, we ask that the Cal Poly sponsor or contact for the visitor complete the International Visitor Form. For questions email

© 2018 California Polytechnic State University Cal Poly International Center
Building 52, Room E32
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407
Phone: (805) 756-1477
Fax: (805) 756-5484

Web Accessibility Statement
Privacy Notice